2018.3 May/June 2018
Porsche decided that it wanted to compete in the 1980 Memorial Day classic but its involvement was aborted.
Gary Knutson, engineer and engine man for both Chaparral and McLaren in the Can-Am days.
A Dan Gurney/Harry Weslake partnership produced engines that won in F1, Indy cars and sports cars.
SOUTH OF THE BORDER, PART 2
Michael Keyser heads on to the Mexico City 1000km race with his Porsche RSR to co-drive with Michael Jourdain.
LEAVING NOTHING ON THE TABLE
At the 1982 Indy 500, Rick Mears and Gordon Johncock produced a motorsports masterpiece.
ROAD STIR - TORQUE TUBE TEMPTRESS
1967 Ferrari 330 GTC. In its era was it the most perfect grand touring car ever produced?
THE ENGINE BAY - AAR TURBO OFFY
The engine that powered Boddy Unser's Gurney Eagle to a victory in the 1975 Indianapolis 500.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- SALON: 1964 A.J. Foyt Watson Roadster
- My Favorite Race: Ron Grable and the 1970 F5000 Continental Championship at Laguna Seca
- One More Lap: "Jigger" Sirois and the 1969 Indianapolis 500
- Vintage Shop: The Creative Workshop
- CSRG David Love Vintage Races
- HMSA Laguna Seca
- NHRA March Meet
- The Porsche Effect at the Petersen
- Phillip Island Classic Festival of Motorsport