2018.4 July/Aug 2018
It's a service and restoration shop story long waiting to be told
Sited on an old WWII aerodrome, England's Thruxton Circuit celebrates its 50th annuversary.
PORSCHE & INDY: THE SECOND BITE
When rules changed Porsche abandoned a first Indy 500 effort but came back for another try.
JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY
A garage-sale find of five old racing trophies uncovers a most intriguing story.
REMEBERING GASTON ANDREY
Swiss-American Gaston Andrey's career reads like the history of postwar sports car racing in the U.S.
GIANPIERO GETS HIS WATCH
For the 1998 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, a lesson in preparation as Momo and Ferrari win.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- SALON: SCCA 1979 Datsun 280ZX
- My Favorite Race: Dominic Dobson and the 1997 North American Touring Car Championship at Detroit GP
- Maserati Museum: Come for the Cheese, Stay for the Cars
- 1978 Corvette INDY 500 Pace Car: Mischievous Grins and Mighty Groans
- Behind the Lens with Phil Hill
- The Engine Bay: Mercedes-Benz 1939 W154 V12
- Vintage Shop: Olthoff Racing, Inc
- Monaco Historique
- HSR The Mitty
- Porsche Luftgekuhlt
- WRLS Spring Classic
- CVAR Eagles Canyon
- HMSA Long Beach Grand Prix