2018.5 Sept/Oct 2018
The staccato exhaust note of a Saab 2-stroke engine fires the passions of this vintage racer
A SIMPLE TWIST OF FATE
Six minutes apart, two racers set out to conquer the 1957 Mille Miglia. Neither reached the finish line.
His hard work, perseverance and talent, both as a racer and a mechanic, led to Formula 1 competition.
FERRARI'S LAST LE MANS OVERALL VICTORY
A fairy tale win by two drivers and a Ferrari 250 LM - neither of which were supposed to be winners.
ZIP PLUS MILEAGE
John Robert Fish invented a miracle carburetor. But his dream became a nightmare.
LITTLE LE MANS 1957 - 1963
Looking back at Lime Rock Park's endurance races for small sedans and economy cars.
THE GULLWING PORSCHE 906
Yes, some of Porsche's most outrageous race cars could wear license plates.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- SALON: SCCA 1982 Porsche 935 L1
- My Favorite Race: Duane "Pancho" Carter and the 1981 Norton Michigan 500
- Great Vintage Garages: Peter Gleeson Garage
- The Engine Bay: Porsche 917/30 Can-Am
- Vintage Shop: European Collectibles
- Weathertech International Challenge
- Spokane Festival of Speed
- Thruxton 50th Anniversary
- Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
- Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival