2019.2 Mar/Apr 2019
Photographer Harry Hurst shows off a collection of his favorite work.
SAY GOODBYE TO GOGGLES
Dan Gurney's full-face Bell Helmet set a trend, he being the first to wear one in the Indy 500.
Five drivers who had great sucess on this one-mile oval: Mario Andretti, Rick Mears, Johnny Rutherford, Tom Sneva, and Bobby Unser.
A Porsche 924 GTR built for the SCCA Trans-Am that was too quick for the SCCA's rulesmakers.
LOST LAPS - SHELTON AIRPORT
The Pacific Northwest's green jewel of 1950's sports car racing.
Between 1960 and 1990 he circuit-raced just about everything, just about everywhere and drove for many to teams and major car manufacturers. They call him "Hobbo."
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- SALON: 1994 Ferrari 333 SP/003
- My Favorite Race: Tom Bigelow and the 1975 Hoosier Hundred
- Great Vintage Garages: Zak Brown Garage
- Vintage Shop: Fabulous Restorations
- London to Brighton
- VSCCA Lime Rock Fall Finale
- VRG Turkey Bowl
- Grand National Roadster Show
- Tasman Revival